Monday, October 30, 2023

Caleb Wang Project 3: Serial Slicing

 Serial Slicing: Rabbit


Concept: I wanted to base the model off of my pet rabbit and decided to go from there. I decided to go with horizontal serial slices as it made more sense to me for this project, rather than a vertical serial slice.




Processes: After finding a suitable low-poly model that resembled my rabbit, I used the provided Grasshopper script to serial slice it. At first, I wanted to use very thin slices, but I realised that those left very thin and pointy bits at the top, so I widened the slices to 3.00 in order to achieve even layering even at the tops. After fixing some naked edges in 3DBuilder, I sent it off to the 3D printer.








Materials: As usual, I wanted to match my materials with the same color as my printing filament. Therefore, I went with a baby blue paint material and rendered it in Keyshot.


No comments:

Post a Comment