Monday, October 9, 2023

Grace Kang - ATCM 3355.001 Project 2 Flashlight Sleeve

 Concept:



For this led sleeve project, I wanted to create a design that resembled gears and something technology-related. The design for my LED sleeve is more of a modern aesthetic and futuristic vibe. I thought gears would be a good reference when designing my model because they had holes and nooks in the design that I wanted to add to mine. In my design, I added several circular holes, ridges, and pointed nooks resembling gear. Overall, I believe that my design showcased my vision successfully.

Image 1: Ghosted Image Painted black with an orthographic image with measurements

Image 2: Ghosted Image

Image 3:Keyshot rendered image showcasing materials

Image 4: Close up Shot

Process:

This process was easier but took longer than the castle tower project because I had to think about the 3d printing process. I wanted to have a futuristic and gear aesthetic for my model that also correlated with my castle tower aesthetic. Unfortunately, while printing I faced some issues with sizing and having the support filament filling up my flashlight from the inside. However, I was able to have it removed with the help of Professor Scott and Yvonne. This process has taught me to always make sure I am prepared and to double-check all details such as naked edges, as they are crucial to the printing process.

Materials:
The materials that I used to render in Keyshot are metal because they fit the metal material of the actual LED flashlight inside my sleeve model. I also think that the metal material fits the gear and technological look that I am going for as well. 

Picture of 3D Model:




No comments:

Post a Comment