Sunday, October 8, 2023

James Malik ATCM 3355.001: Project 2 LED sleeve

James Malik

Lightsaber Sleeve

 A. Images Illustrations:

1. Ghosted Image painted Black for Modeling evaluation
im1

2. Ghosted Image Colored to show Material Assignments Organization
im2




3. Rendered Image with 2-D Orthographic Information and Measurements
im3




4. Rendered Image with Production Illustration
im4





B. 3 paragraph Description of your projects outlined under the following headers
1. Concept



I noticed how I wanted to stray away from what was assigned as a lightsaber. I wanted to create a random figurine to hold the flashlight. But I remembered how much I loved my Lego Star Wars toys. I went back and took inspiration from the Lego lightsabers they would hold. I added a few new design changes just for my own twist. I love the direction I've taken. I wanted to take the principles we learned and merge them with the style of a Lego lightsaber. It has almost a chess piece vibe to it and I like that. A mixture of a rook piece and a Jedi Knight. 
2. Processes
I went online to look up the shape of the Lego Lightsaber and found an idea of what it should look like. I took the mold that was given in the sample file. I added new geometry around the edges to form a 2D idea of what I wanted. I then made it 3D by placing 360 on it. I added holes in the middle. I made grooves along the shaft. I added spikes along the top. I had trouble with the fillet but managed to get some lines filled. I utilized a chamfer to smooth out the edges along the spikes and circles. It turned out very nice. 
3. Materials
Alongside the style of the Lego, I wanted to keep it metal or grey. I chose metal for stylization Purposes. My mold is all 1 piece. I then Rendered the shots in Keyframe. I made the mold metal and silver and shiny. It has the simplicity of the Lego while allowing my creative input. 

My Mold






No comments:

Post a Comment