Monday, October 9, 2023

Dylan Burt ATCM 3355 F23: Project 2 LED-Sleeve

Inspiration
Concept
  • My concept was inspired by the wooden lightsabers from the planet Kashyyk in the Star Wars Series. This would lead me to go for a tree or layered bark concept with an ununiform shape.

Ghosted Black

Ghosted Colored
Process
  • I started by reducing the sleeve we had made in class into a projected curve, which I formed into the initial shape that I was looking for. I then proceeded to use geometric shapes and boolean difference to carve out pieces of the sleeve to give it a unique shape, as well as the appearance of chipped wood. Finally I created custom pieces that I would use to carve out sections of the handle with boolean difference, and then layer them along the handle and using boolean union in order to give it a branch or tree trunk appearance. 

Rendered Orthographic

Rendered Closeup

Materials

  • The materials I went for were an unpolished rough maple texture that I found in the custom Rhino files. This completed the look I was striving for, in both natural wooden color and  rough natural texture.

Final print

 

No comments:

Post a Comment