Sunday, October 29, 2023

Reina Park ATCM 3355.001: Project 3 Serial Slicing

 The concept:




For this project, I decided to create my own version of a Buddha dog statue that I saw at my dentist's. I have been trying to practice Buddhism more often lately so I can find inner peace within myself. Also, I was really missing my dog who lives with my parents in Keller. For the base, I decided to create a lotus flower to emphasize the theme of this project. 


The process: 





I started building my Buddha dog statue using curves and loft commands in Rhino. For the eyes, I applied pipe commands on my curves. For the base, I also decided to use curves with loft commands so that so could create petals, as well as a cylinder to put them together. And then, I sliced my dog model by using the given Grasshopper script. In order to put my sliced dog model on the base, I used the split command to take the unnecessary part of the petals out and apply the createsolid command to make a completed printable model.


The materials:



After this, I imported my Rhino file into Keyshot to apply my materials and render it. For my sliced dog model, I used Hard Rough Plastic material and adjusted the color to match my dog's color. For the base, which is a lotus flower, I used Glass Heavy Frost Bright material and changed to color to pink. 



Printed Model:



No comments:

Post a Comment