Monday, October 9, 2023

Rickie Jones ATCM 3355.001 Week 8 Flashlight Sleeve


 



Concept:


Medieval Torches

The concept for my flashlight was inspired by the idea of a medieval torch. I wanted my design to have more sharp and pronounced features so I decided that a torch would fit those requirements.



Rook chess piece

The "torch" ended up looking like a chess piece and I had just started learning to play chess a week before we started this project. So I decided I would let it look like a chess piece.

Torch AI logo

I added the flame logo from the AI chess model called "torch" because the chess piece was originally a torch.


Process:


3D ghosted and make2D


Sleeve render 1

I used the flashlight template to get the proportions. From there I designed the curve and revolved it around the center. After I added cutouts at the top and bottom of the sleeve. 3 at the top and 9 at the bottom. From there I drew the "torch" AI logo on the sleeve upside down, extruded it and used a Boolean difference to make 5 holes in the model. I chamfered and filleted all the edges.


Materials:


Sleeve Render 2

3D printed sleeve side view

3D printed sleeve 3/4th view

For my 3D print I printed my sleeve with black filament and since its now supposed to be a chess piece, I left it black. 
For my renders I used a metallic black to accentuate the edges and curve of the object. 

After Critique:

My advice after the critique was to clean up the slides and try to apply a theme through all of them, add my photos of the 3D printed object and clean up the "ghosted" view of my model.











No comments:

Post a Comment