Monday, October 30, 2023

Nash DeGroat ATCM 3355.001 Project 3 - DemiSlime (Surface Population)

 Concept:




    I basesed my design on the sterotypical fantasy slime. I wanted to create a psudo checkerboard look similar to the texture of Loki from Persona 5. With how surface populaton goes on top I want to make the core of the slime visible though the design.

Proccess:

    I started with a sphere and after ading exta points I pulled the top verticies into a finger-esque shape. After copying this for later use I elongated it further and added more verticies to make it easier to make a secondary shpere shape for a palm. Using the copy I made earlier I added two extra fingers and a thumb for a total of 4 appendages. After puting what I had on a simple base I decided to add drips to the bottom that would pour over the sides a little to better integrate the base. Orignaly I was going to delete the objects that were populated on but had worries about the structure holding up. In the end I decided to instead boolean difference a semisphere into the palm and expose half of the core.






Materials:
    In rendering the model I made the center area glass with the population turned into black transparent. This makes the core visible through the population and lets the whole sphere be visible despite helf being embedded in the body. On the core I used a plastic texture with a rainbow graident to make it stand out in the black and white body. Originally I was going to make the base a marble texture and give indents to make it look like a greek pillar but quickly decided to simplify it so in turn I went with a simple brown metal texture to make it bronze/copper.




No comments:

Post a Comment