Sunday, October 29, 2023

Manuel Diaz ATCM 3355.001: Project 3 Serial Slicing


Concept:
The concept behind my serial slicing is inspired by this months national holiday, Halloween. I chose to design my model after a Jack-o-lantern. I also wanted to incorporate metal casting characteristics which will come into play in my renderings.  




Process:
During the modeling, I experimented with several layouts for what was going to be the pumpkin's ribs. I used the Rhino Loft function to create a mesh from the different sized curves, which I did the same for the separate stem. Since my model is primarily wide, I chose to give a vertical contour to keep most the features of the stem and face. I went with a pentagonal base which I thought showcased the model's hard edges well.




Materials:
For the materials, I wanted to incorporate that metal casting effect onto my pumpkin. I felt the blemishes on the metal gives the model texture and the effect of handcraftsmanship as well as to the wooden base. I added spot lights in the eyes and mouth of the model to add to this amanous effect and highlight the hard edges.



3D Printed Models:
I had some Luminous filament to give this glowing effect from the inside out of the model. 






No comments:

Post a Comment