Sunday, October 8, 2023

Skylar Fornfeist - ATCM 3355.001 Project 2 Flashlight Sleeve

 









CONCEPT - The concept for this LED sleeve was punk accessories. On the top of the sleeve body a band with spikes wraps around. This piece was inspired by the chunky bracelets punks and goths wore in the 90’s. I knew I wanted to make the base a different shape than the typical cylinder or cube. Hence why I went with a triangular prism shape. I also have a fascination for teeth and eyes so I added them as details. Eyes are the windows to the soul and teeth are one of the strongest parts of the body. I wanted my flashlight to be able to cast a design in it’s shadow, so I made a canopy in the shape of an eye to go on top of the base. 


PROCESSES - I used Rhino to model the sleeve from the ground up. I made all the individual pieces by melding primitive shapes and curves. The teeth and eye shapes I made myself by drawing curves and then joining them together. I then took those shapes and made indents into the base. 


MATERIALS - For the materials I chose mainly wood and metal. I chose these materials because I wanted a sleek design and I felt like these represented that. While the design is loud overall, using these materials elevates it. The band on the top is made of velvet and the spikes are metal. The potrosuions on the eyes are red marble. I wanted the materials to make this sleeve look like it could be carried by elegant punk assassin.





No comments:

Post a Comment