Monday, October 9, 2023

Michael Murphy - ATCM 3355.001 Project 2 Flashlight Sleeve

 

Concept: I received inspiration to do my flashlight project based on a lightsaber at first. Specifically, the green lightsaber from the show Star Wars Rebels that has also been added into the newest series known as Ahsoka. However, I had to fix some shapes due to naked edges. I changed it to look more like a flashlight while appearing as it could be a type of lightsaber.




                                                        Ghosted view of the model in Rhino.



                                                Updated ghosted view of the model in Rhino.


                                                View of the model with its material in Rhino.



                                                        First Key shot view of the model. 


Second Key shot view of the model.




                                                                       Printed model

    

  

Top view of the printed model




                                                              Printed model with flashlight



    

Process: I started out on Rhino 7 with a few cones and a cylinder. I put the cones on top of the cylinder and made a large hole through it so it would function as a flashlight. Later on, I decided to remove the cones and add more cylinders and some shorter cylinders that were reshaped to be like circles in the middle. Above the shorter cylinders, I added holes on the shape above. After compiling all of the shapes together, I checked to make sure there were no unnecessary edges. 



Materials: I used metal for the flashlight model and a titanium color. It appeared more silver in Rhino while a couple tiles were added in Key Shot to make it seem more metallic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment