Sunday, October 29, 2023

James Malik ATCM 3355.001 Project 3: Surface Population and Serial Slicing

 James Malik

Project 3 

Surface Population and Serial Slicing



    Concept

    I was recently getting my a** whooped by life, and it seems like it's been getting me a lot recently. So this was inspired by this. A big F*CK YOU to life and the people praying on my downfall. I was inspired by taking things into my own hands and dealing with problems.



Ghosted Black
1st Mold


Ghosted Black
Grasshopper Script Applied


    Processes
    I started out trying to make the base of a hand. I felt like trying to make it realistic would take too much time, so I decided to make it a little artistic and cartoon-like. I created multiple little bullet shapes for the fingers, plenty of sample ones were never used. Once I found a form that I liked, I applied the grasshopper script and adjusted the settings to where they appeared how I liked. 

Ghosted Purple

    Materials
    When it came to materials I wanted to choose something that would draw the viewer's eye. I chose a thin clear filament in Keyshot to portray the rigid edges to the viewer. The colors on this looked beautiful to me, and I stuck with it for the rendered image. For the final image, I decided to go with a form of plastic that would hold shape and allow the viewer to see each detail perfectly. I left it with a bright color to compliment it. 
Keyshot Render

Keyshot Render




3D Print

3D Print



No comments:

Post a Comment