Sunday, October 8, 2023

Ketsamone Thanoulith - ATCM 3355.001 Project 2 Flashlight Sleeve




Concept - The concept for my LED sleeve came from sources such as Sailor Moon and Madoka Magica. There are elements of fantasy and magic involved with the concept of the design. I included details like hearts and smooth edges all over the sleeve. The sleeve has a sleek and toy-like look with a slightly curved body. I was trying to emulate the look of a generic magical girl wand. The sleeve also includes angel wings that I printed separately and reassembled in the final design. The sleeve not only functions as a flashlight but also as a toy such as a wand or microphone. 

Processes - I used Rhino to model all parts of the sleeve including the wings. I started with the base by using cylindrical primitives and toruses. I used pipes and curves to create the shape for the wings and other shapes like the hearts and teardrops. I used operations like boolean difference and Array Polar to create a symmetrical design. 

Materials - I chose plastic for my model because the model reminds me of a prop used in cosplay or a children's toy. The model can easily be painted in different colors and it remains shiny and smooth. I want my model to be colorful and fantasy-like. 

Ghosted view in black
Ghosted view with layer colors

View 1 of LED sleeve

View 2 of LED sleeve

Final Print






 

No comments:

Post a Comment