Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Reina Park ATCM 3355.001: Project 2 LED sleeve

The concept:

 In this project, I made an LED sleeve model that resembled a birthday cake since I started working on this project a day after my birthday and I wanted to create something for myself. I attempted to make the cake look like what my dream birthday cake would look like with three layers, decorations, candles, and sprinkles.



The process: 





I started building my composition using the LED sleeve template. I first created my curves, used the boolean difference command to combine them, and rotated my curves to build the body of my cake. I then went on to make decorations. I used the text object command to make extruded texts and the flow command so my texts would go along with the surfaces of the cake. For small decorations, I used the sphere command for the bottom ones, and the curve command to create curves and then utilized pipe command. For the wavy part of my cake, I created curves extruded them, and used the flow command to put them on the surface of my cake model. Finally, for the candles, I created cones, spheres, a cylinder and joined them together, and used array polar command.



The materials:







After this, I imported my STL file into Keyshot to apply materials and render. I created my own material for the body of the cake and small decorations by adjusting the material I created for my last project. For the text, I also adjusted the existing material, which was Hard Textured Plastic. I used Hard Shiny Plastic material for candles. For the fire part, I chose to use Glass Wavy Orange material, but I changed the color scheme so it would look more realistic.







No comments:

Post a Comment