Sunday, October 29, 2023

Skylar Fornfeist ATCM 3355.00: Project 3 - Surface Population


CONCEPT: 

 
My concept for this design was to make something that looked like it could belong to an affluent person. I wanted to model a chunky bangle that a woman might wear to a nice dinner. My mom had many of these when I was growing up so I took inspiration from there. My design is based on the triangular pattern seen throughout. I also made a base seeing as all women need somewhere nice to put their jewlery. 


Process: I went through many different designs for this and tried many other ideas before I was able to get this design to work. While I'm very pleased with how it came out, it took a long time to get there. For something that looks so simple, I had to tweak and change a lot of aspects to make it look right. I used a torus as my base and then a hollowed-out triangle shape as my population object. 





Material: In keyshot I used a gold texture for my bangle and a wooden texture for the base of the design. I wanted the bangle to look upscale and nice. I then used a wooden texture for the base to ground the whole piece. I changed the tones of the wood to make it darker so it didn't stand out against the brightness of the bangle. 

I used regular PLA filament when printing. Ideally, I would've painted this model but time did not allow it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment