Monday, April 13, 2020

Andrew Psencik - COVID-19 Prosthetic Mask

Concept:

Initially, I was planning on creating a lower profile but still effective mask that would use the correct air filtration method. However, the more I worked on the project, I was talking to my father who is still going to work on construction sites as a project manager and wanted to specify my idea to a construction site implementation. 

Procedures:

I first started with the initial curves of the mask and the straps around the head. After I created and rebuilt those curves, I began creating the main filtration design which kept the filters off to the side as to not get in the way of the wearers face. Lastly, I added some fine details on the mask and a little port on the front of the mask that can be opened when not in a contaminated for water or easier breathing.

Materials:

As this would be used in construction sites, I wanted to use bright colors to match most of the equipment works normally wear and would allow people to see them easier. Most of the mask and straps would most likely be rubber for durability and airtight qualities. the pipes and filter would be a light metal, to keep from injuring the wearer after extended hours of use.


No comments:

Post a Comment