Sunday, April 5, 2020

Clay Purdy: Flat Fab Model


Concept: My composition is inspired by Godzilla. I wanted to create a Godzilla version of the wooden dinosaur puzzles they sell at hobby stores because as it turns out, there are none.

Process: I started out by drawing the main, general shape of the body then added points to give the form more detail. I created new planes for the "ribs" but only needed to add a few far apart because I used the blend tool to fill the in-betweens. I created one of the legs using the same process, then mirrored it to make the second one. The dorsal fins took up the bulk of the project time, I created the general shapes, then added and moved points to make them look jagged. I mirrored one of the outside rows to make the row on the opposite side. For the head I used the Add Hole tool to make the eye, then mirrored it, pointing in at an angle.

Materials: Flat Fab


Concept: For my render I decided to use different colors to emphasize the different layers of my model, starting with a dark blue as the main body, legs and arms, then using a magenta for the ribs and head, then a light, transparent blue for the dorsal plates. Each material has a reflection that's different color from its base color to give it a nice sheen. My computer and Rhino did not get along during at all, so I took a screenshot of the perspective window set on rendered.

Materials: Rhinoceros 6, Photoshop. 


1 comment:

  1. conept, process, materials. provide some context for the model

    ReplyDelete