Thursday, April 23, 2020

Isaac Wieland: Box

Concept: I wanted to make a box to hold the extra filament spools for my 3D printer. Right now, I don't have a place for them, and unfortunately they just have to sit on the floor. So I took some measurements and designed this box to hold everything off the ground.



Process: I used Festi Boxes to make the base box, and imported into rhino. The default template unfortunately did not work with extruding, and so I had to use the CurveBoolean command to fix the self-intersecting edges at all of the corners. Unfortunately the CurveBoolean command did not work for all of the faces, and so I ended up having to manually trace one of the dividers, as well as the floor. Luckily I was able to copy the divider and floor for the remaining pieces.


Materials: For materials I chose a Mahogany wood and placed the object in an Interior Apartment environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment