Friday, April 24, 2020

Eddy Martinez: Box


Concept: I wanted to make a sort of pencil box to hold my pens and markers that I have scattered along my work area. I wanted the sides of the box to have a chain/loop pattern on it and I wanted each side to have a diffrent variation so you cant look straight through it clearly.



Proccess: I started with the ShutterBox template from Festi Boxes and took it into Rhino6  to make the inner cuts. I used the circle and rectangle tool to create the base of the cut. I used the rounded rectangle to to make the loops and used the trim tool to remove any uneeded intersecting curves. for the lid i used the bend command to have it bend accordingly to the path it would follow if it were too slide open.



Materials: For the material I used a dark maple material to match the color of my work area in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment