Monday, April 13, 2020

Nikki Chauhan: Prosthetic Accessory

ConceptFor this project I did a filtering mask which has straps and small filtration areas as well as a larger area to allow for more air flow through the nose and mouth area. It also has an eye piece attached with straps for that as well. For my mass model portion of my project I have blocked out the bottom portion shape as well as a shape for the eye piece which will just look like science lab goggles attached to the base piece.

Process: I started by blocking out my basic shapes as in the mass model piece. I used basic curve to line out where my straps would be. I used project to implement the curves of the mouth piece and the eye piece so it would conform to the shape of the face. I then cut and patched the little filter areas so they would be different from the other piece of the face. 


Materials: For my materials, I opted for using plastic for the goggles and the strap portions of the design and the main face portion will be in a breathable layered fabric with mesh as the filter holes.




No comments:

Post a Comment