Sunday, April 26, 2020

William Goudreau: Architectonic Lamp

Concept:
For this assignment I wanted to create something that I would want to use and display in my home. My personal preference led me towards a modern design. I wanted something simple in shape but complex in its structure. I went with a very basic starting shape and created numerous cross sections to give it the visual complexity I wanted. 

Process:

I modeled this lamp in Rhino, starting from the basic shape seen below on the right. I then got the vertical and horizontal cross sections and used the pipe method to create their interlocking groves. I could not find to script to unroll the curves into the cut sheet, so I laid them out by hand making sure all the dimensions were correct. 


Materials:

I decided on a plastic material for my lamp because it has an interesting specular quality that I think will look cool with a light inside it. As for the colors, I chose red and black to match my computer, since I will be putting the lamp on my desk. 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment