Sunday, April 5, 2020

Andrew Rowan: Prosthetic Massing Model


Concept: My concept for this mask was to imagine what prosthetics we would develop if all pathogens were extremely deadly. This is a more permanent prosthetic where the user would have it surgically implanted and would breathe through the open area on the cheeks. This makes it a permanent air filter. The mouthpiece would be removable but would only be taken off in sterile environments.

Process: I drew curves and projected them onto the head model. From there I used offset, extrude. patch, and sweep2 for the rest of the modeling. I still have some work to do because the face comes through in a couple places.

Material: I will use a mix of soft and hard plastics as well as a small portion of anodized aluminum for the cheek breather.


No comments:

Post a Comment