Sunday, April 12, 2020

Sarah Bergs: Flat Fab Final Render

Concept:

I wanted to take a low-poly skull model and make it even more "low-poly" by only having the slabs provide the form.

In trying to make sure the shape stood out I thought it would be fitting to have the slabs be both horizontal and vertical, as some features are more apparent in each direction.

Process:

Using the OBJ trace feature I outlined the sections of the OBJ model, attempting to get the shapes correct. Unfortunately Flat Fab fought me rather hard on some of the shapes, or at times only gave me the outline, so the forms are not exactly as I'd wish them to be. However ultimately I got a form and moved on, fixing where I could. Ultimately the skull if made would be about 5x8x7 inches, nearly the same average size of an adult skull. When creating the render I attempted to make sure it stood out which sections were what color so that the horizontal and vertical would be noticeable at a glance.



Materials:

This model would be built out of E Flute Cardboard, making it light yet still durable. For added "realism" it could be painted and weathered to give the look of a real skull even though it's made of cardboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment