Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Cameron Ouille Week 14/15

Reference

I was inspired to design my lamp to have the dual purpose of a cd holder like you would see back in the 90's but also give it a wacky shape like a swimming pool if you put the light at the base.
Spartan Pool & Patio



















Process

I first designed the pool shape via sketch book. After creating the design in Rhino I focused on spacing the racks far enough apart that cases from cds, dvd, and even games consoles could fit in the racks. I struggled with getting the pipe function to work properly and found myself repeating a few steps once I had realized I forgot to select something before a command and only found it later down the line. While working on the 2nd half I became quite sick and had to postpone my work. When I resumed I was able to complete it and have all of the wedges and teeth fit together.





Rendering 

Unfortunately I did not have the money available for Keyshot so my renderings were all done in Rhino. If I was to Render in Keyshot I would have used plywood fow the horizontal pillars and a darker wood for the vertical.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment