Sunday, April 5, 2020

William Goudreau: Prosthetic Accessory

Concept:
For this assignment I decided to follow Prof. Scott's suggestion to create an accessory related to the current COVID-19 situation. One of the many necessary supplies being used in this time is face masks. Although the current type of masks in use are made of fabric materials, I wanted to create something more industrial, so I decided to make a gas mask. I based my model on the reference image below, and expanded upon it to create a stylized steampunk gas mask. 



Process:

I began by following the tutorial videos to create a form fitting seal for the mask. From there I created the filter canisters and adornments. I modeled in Rhino, making use of curves, arrays, surfaces, and fillets. To finish the project I textured and rendered in Keyshot to achieve the metallic appearance that aids the steampunk theme. 


Materials:

The materials I chose were based on other steampunk style media. I found the style uses lots of copper, gold, and similar toned metals, so I chose to use those for appearance sake. As an actual object, this mask would be far too heavy to wear practically, but I intended it to be a prop, likely made of plastic and coated in metallic paints. 



1 comment:

  1. What is the concept behind the model. What are some of the inspirations for it. You have a nice model. Provide more info now so you do not have to do it later.

    ReplyDelete