Saturday, April 25, 2020

Jack Purcell: Architectonic Lamp

Concept:

Having at the beginning of the year moved out of on campus housing to an off campus apartment I need more furniture / lamps. I could never find anything lamp wise I really liked for a decent price. My goal with this project would be to create a hanging lamp that I could make and install in my apartment. I went with a nice geometric shape hexagons being my favorite shape.

Processes:

Following the video tutorials I used the waffle and pipe method. My initial design was created by using lofts, booleans and filleting edges.


Materials:

Wanting to actually create this lamp at some point I wanted to think of the actual materials I could use. I settled on either painted laser cut wood or plasma cut metal, painted or enameled. I want to use clear acrylic on the vertical slabs to let the light shine and refract through.


No comments:

Post a Comment