Sunday, April 5, 2020

Liam Melugin: FlatFab

Concept:

I wanted to see what I could do with FlatFab, so I just decided to make a turtle. I thought it would be a good start to learn the software. I felt that this program could be something I could see using for some personal projects I had in mind.

Process:

I used FlatFab, and I just went wild. I watched basic tutorials and then let myself free. I started with the first flat piece and built a spine. I then began making the shell segments and then made the head and tail shapes. After I made the leg pieces using the reflection tools to make sure they were uniform. Eventually, I got to the turtle form that I wanted.

Materials: 

In my KeyShot I used a simple metallic green paint because I liked how it worked with the lighting. The rest of the KeyShot was based around the form is a possible place for it to naturally be.

No comments:

Post a Comment