Sunday, April 5, 2020

Nicholas Garces: Prosthetic Mass Modeling

Concept:
At the onset of this class, I read that we would need to model a prosthetic and a few ideas popped into my mind. I thought specifically of my friend Heaven and something I'd seen online a while back. My friend Heaven happens to be an amputee and we are very close so I knew I'd want to design her an awesome prosthetic for special occasions (with the wishful thinking that I could actually materialize such an object). The idea is to create a prosthetic that could house a silicon lining and RGB or LED lights that could be controllable via a smartphone application or a switch to turn off/on the electronics. This will require more finesse to get this model looking similar to how I had imagined and rendering is going to be my friend when bringing to life the interior lighting, but here is a rough blocking of the design I'd had in mind to scale with her foot size though further measurements would be needed to custom set this prosthetic to her specifically.



No comments:

Post a Comment