Monday, April 27, 2020

Concept:

When it came to the concept of the box, I just wanted something simple. I decided that I should go with an open-top box so I could use it as a simple desk container for something. I also wanted the box to be themed around things I enjoyed. I decided that I was going to draw from a video game I enjoyed, being the Legend of Zelda series.


Process:

I got the initial SVG files for the box from one of the provided resources. I then took it to rhino and made a sketch of the shapes I wanted to cut out. I then extruded the box pieces. After that, I extruded the shapes and used boolean split to cut them out. I then used the rotation tools to stage the model for the box that I would use in KeyShot.

Materials: 

In KeyShot I used birch plywood for the box. So I decided that if I were to make this physically, I would use 1/4in thick birch plywood.


No comments:

Post a Comment