Sunday, April 5, 2020

Nikki Chauhan: Mass Model

For this project I am doing a filtering mask which will have straps and small filtration areas as well as a larger area to allow for more air flow through the nose and mouth area. It will also have an eye piece attached with straps for that as well. For my mass model portion of my project I have blocked out the bottom portion shape as well as a shape for the eye piece which will just look like science lab goggles attached to the base piece. In my research, I saw that many masks either had small filtration patches or full air bag type features to circulate airflow so using that I plan to implement small filtration patches under the nose and on each side. The design for my straps comes from incorporating various designs of half-face masks and full respirator masks to create a lighter scale piece which will securely stay on the face as well as feel a little lighter due to the top strap which similarly to VR headsets, will be a velcro piece so it can be properly fastened and loosened. The four straps at the front will be combined into one strap behind the ear and those straps will meet the top strap at the back of the head at a loop piece.

Currently, I have the base front piece done, having trouble with getting the  goggles curves to project properly.





1 comment:

  1. What is the nature of the problem. why don't the curves project??

    ReplyDelete