Monday, April 27, 2020

David Hobson: Architectonic Lamp

Concept:

Back at it again, trying to reintroduce brutalism back into the world. For this project, I took the tower from my castle project and but it through the CutMyRibs script. I wanted to keep as much of the brutalist feel to it as possible while also adding a more modern feel. To that end, i wanted to make this lamp a fair bit bigger, so it could hold more fixtures and illuminate more.

Process:

To my own detriment, I made far to may ribs. 74 to be exact. Some of the scaling came out a bit off but after tooling around it all came out fairly decently. I started by contouring the x and y planes from the front and went in and removed some parts to help it feel less cluttered and also to allow more light through.
comparisons w/ layers

Materials:

Falling away from exterior brutalist design, I choose a dark wood to give it a homely appeal.


No comments:

Post a Comment