Sunday, April 5, 2020

Prosthetic mask blocking pass w/strap- David Hobson

Concept:

In lieu of Half-Life's opulent reentry to the gaming world and the global pandemic, i decided to create a mask worthy of facing both. Going off  one of my favorite video game enemies, and a design style to fit their approach to life, I am aiming to create a mask to survive the coming apocalypse. 
the above pictures are from the Half-Life game series depicting the elite and civil protection variants of the combine force. Below is an artists rendition of Super-Brutalist architecture 


Process:

First I started with the strapping that would help adhere the mask to the head


Since this is a blocking pass, I'm Just trying to layout everything and get a good scale of things. 

From this point I plan on refining edges to create a greater form that follows and hopefully get the extrusions pulled and form a better fuller mask. the pieces at this point wont project against the model due to my laptop not having enough processing power to handle rhino.

No comments:

Post a Comment