Monday, April 13, 2020

Sophee Martinez: Prosthetic Model Final

Concept

For this prosthetics project, I was inspired by my favorite anime that I had recently rewatched, Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Namely I was inspired by two of the main characters, Homura Akemi and Madoka Kaname.
I wanted to recreate Horuma's weapon, which is a time machine and an infinite storage container that is located on her left arm. I wanted to incorporate some of Madoka's flowery designs onto it, as a reserved version of Horuma's weapon at the end of the anime.

Process

I learned a lot from this project on what tools are available in Rhino! For the base, I mainly used Boolean union, Boolean Difference, extrude surface, and filletEdge. For the flower petals and leaves, I projected a shape onto a few spheres and created surfaces from rebuilt network of curves. I would tweak each shape and to add thickness, I would duplicate each petal and join them together via blendSurface and loft. For the straps, I used project, rebuild, loft, and filletEdge.

Materials

I wanted to create a mostly metallic piece with the roses painted in a glossy rubber, like you would find on playground equipment for a protective coating.




Original Beauty Pass for comparison:



No comments:

Post a Comment