Sunday, September 14, 2014

Chris Venable: Assignment 1

Hello Everyone!

Posting progress on my model.

My idea is a fairly straight forward representation of my relationship with coffee or caffeine in general. Basically, I would like to illustrate the conjuring of a caffeine fueled idea. I began with some pretty sketchy thumbnails and took the idea into 3Ds Max for further devolopment.

The longer bits coming out of the cup are inspired by the tendrils of a young vine reaching out to grasp for some kind of anchor for support.

I would love to hear thoughts, comments, critique. I am really drawn to the lightweight plastic materials Shapeways has available for printing now, and have seem some really interesting things created that would have previously been too fragile to print. I've uploaded images of the current model as it stands, the thickness of the tendrils meets the standards for printing. I'm very excited about moving forward and continuing to develop this design. 



Edit -  9/23

Just uploaded to Shapeways and everything seems to be fine. All checks passed for plastics. I did hollow out the interior of my model though, and it did not seem to have an effect on the price.

Does the hollowed model actually need to be open on the end for the density change to be recognized?


Edit- 9/30

Got the Keyshot and ghosted images together for this model. I smoothed the heck out of if so the wire frame is crazy dense, I included a shaded version for good measure.






Edit - 12/14

Pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Nice idea and concept. be careful of the long and skinnys. you might also consider printing the parts separately and gluing them together.

    ReplyDelete