Sunday, September 7, 2014

Mary Effler: Week #1 Dalek

I've actually been working on two different models for the last 2 weeks, this is the one I've been working on in Blender at home. I design a lot of jewellery, and I especially love nerdy jewellery. So I thought of making a Dalek model that could be resized to be many things - earrings, charm, pendant, etc. Or I could cut off the head portion and have it be a container instead, depending on its size.
The main problem I've noticed having is that the eye stalk, plunger, and egg beater are all way too small, comparatively, because I'm nervous about them extruding too far and breaking off during the printing process, since long spindly bits are apparently very bad.
It's been a while since I've done any 3D modelling, so I hope I've done this right so far. Any comments/critiques are more than welcome.

Exterminate!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice model, don't forget to fillet your edges. I am worried about the long skinnys in your model. try to make all of those parts 1/8 ".

    ReplyDelete