Sunday, September 14, 2014

The-Phong "James" Pham: Project 1: Bat Helm

I wanted to design a Batman inspired helmet if he had a more mechanized suit. I looked at Batman comics and mechanized suits portrayed in films. I looked at designs from the Batman Beyond series and also designs from a video game called Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep pictured below.
For this assignment I used polygonal modeling in Maya.

A technique I used was mainly working on half of the model and then mirroring the geometry otherwise it was mostly pushing and pulling points.

The design had to changed a bit so that it could be 3-D printed. The ears were to this, so I had to reshape them.
















2 comments:

  1. Looks cool James, good silhouette. I'd love to see some more detail. The ears also work really nicely, sometimes people make them unintentionally silly, but these feel pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with steve, this is a nice model and it will have a lot of potential moving forward as we work it through several of the other digital fabrication processes this semester. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete