Friday, September 26, 2014

Blake Artesi - Week 5 Flashlight




For my flash light, much like the first project, I decided to base it off a lightsaber from Star Wars.  I didn't try to make it look exactly like a lightsaber (no buttons or light looking things on it) but I did base it off of one.




I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.  I didn't want to leave the middle part of the handle too cluttered so I left a space between the large body of rings and the one ring that is by itself.

After going back and looking over my original flashlight sleeve, I realized it was far to big for what it was intended to be, so I went back and looked at the dimensions of the flashlight and made a smaller version of the sleeve. 


 This is the ghosted image of the smaller version.  As you can see, it is still the same design as the one above, just smaller.  It was based off a combination of two different lightsabers from the Star Wars series. 

There are no gold rings on the second one, but the gold near the top as well as the circles under it gave me the idea for them.  Then I got the idea for the bottom of the sleeve from the lightsaber on top.
Here is the picture of the flashlight in different layers.



This is the bigger flashlight sleeve
This is the smaller (final) flashlight sleeve

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I especially like your rendering. Translate the file into stl format and use the show edges command to confirm that the model is valid for 3d printing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Provide an additional view of the flashlight model with the light turned on. That wouls also be nice.

    ReplyDelete