Friday, September 26, 2014

Blake Artesi - First Assignment

\
So for my model I decided to try and make a tie fighter from the Star Wars series.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, even if there are small small details that are a little off or not there.  I figured that if I tried to put every little detail on there that it would take too long or just be to high detail.  Anyway, this is my progress and again, I'm happy with how it looks.


It's mainly just a dark color but not too dark because, well that's mainly what they were in the movie but I made the window a black transparent color to make it seem more like an actual window.

I had a picture of it with a background but for some reason that one didn't save correctly so I had to use this one instead.  Still looks good, just wanted to have the variety.

 
Above picture taken from shapeways.  Had no problems when getting it printed out.  I thought some pieces may have been too small but it seems to be ok.


Final printed model:
 

2 comments:

  1. When you render in keyshot render in jpeg mode or in tiff mode with save alpha info turned off. Where is the shapeways documentation. I Don't have any way to confirm that this a valid model for 3d printing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete