Wednesday, September 17, 2014

For my 3D print I had to go in and redesign it.  My initial model was too expensive for even a 3 inch print, and I did not feel the details would show in the folds if I ordered it that small.  So I decided to go with something else.  I was looking at these 3D puzzles I had.  I noticed that even though each side was different, at a quick glance they looked symmetrical and the same.
With the idea of multiple sides requiring close examination to understand their structure I made this.


I used very precise measurements to create a puzzle like appearance.  Below is my final order for this piece, the wall thinness warning is only on the corners because I am printing it at 2 inches by 2 inches. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice idea and model. it would be cool if the part could be cast. Please put your name and title in your blog postings.

    ReplyDelete