Sunday, September 7, 2014

Edgar Cortez -Pyramid Concept

I was wanting to do a pyramid shaped model but with a twist.
I am planning to reference Aztec and Mayan pyramids and have a twist effect on some of the steps.
The pyramid would twist like the Cayan tower in Dubai


Here is a photo of a reference:




Here is the model(in progress):







This is what I have so far and I am playing around with the idea of shifting some step off more to one side. I like how it is coming along and I will try to take it even further.

I have added more edge loops to make the steps a lot more sharp and indented some faces to give it a different look.


Here is the final model. I ended up liking the triangulation at the top so I left them in and it really adds to the spiraling effect. Overall it turned out great I think.


KeyShot renders


1 comment:

  1. Consider the hard edge articulation of the original subject. You might want to employ that approach. Don't forget to fillet your edges, both for rendering and for your model.

    ReplyDelete