Sunday, September 21, 2014

Nicolas Vallier Project 2: Flashlight Sleeve

Inspiration: 
My inspiration for this project comes from the same show. I decided to take some design cues from the sonic screwdriver and change it. 

To build it, I used the tutorial from eLearning to make it. I used a bunch of boolean differences and rotating tool.

Week 5: 
Here's my take on the flashlight case so far...

Week 6 Update:

Here is the updated version in...
Ghosted Black:
and...
Colored Layers:

Naked Edges Check:


Week 7 Update:


Project 2: Flashlight (Wireframe and Render Pics)

Week 7.5 Update:
Update:
I had to change a few things because the tutorial I had done to make this didn't mention any size requirements, so I redid the front a bit (cut part of it off) and cut a hole in the back of it.

Naked Edges Check Update:

Colored Layers Update:

Keyshot Renders:



ShapeWays:
The Flashlight has been sent to ShapeWays already. It passed everything and is being shipped at the moment.
Side note: In Rhino everything was right dimensions-wise (in inches) but once I realized that it was too big Shapeways started production and, due to their policy, I couldn't stop the printing. 
Update: I tried to reprint it at the UTD Tech Store, but their printer broke last Wednesday. It was fixe don Friday, and so, due to them not printing on weekends, I couldn't get the correct sized model for Monday. I will bring it ASAP though. (Also I still have my slightly over sized flashlight and will bring it to class.) 

1 comment:

  1. please give me the model as a ghosted image painted black so that I can properly evaluate your modeling. Provide more information about your design and artistic intent. Ask questions that you may have so that I can provide feedback. This is a wonderful classic form. I'll be anxious to see how you bring it to life in keyshot

    ReplyDelete