Sunday, September 7, 2014

David Chiu - Fblthp


 













This is Fblthp, a homunculus from the card game Magic: The Gathering. Surprisingly, this character is extremely popular among fans even though he's not a main character in the game's storyline and has only appeared once in minor story. Plush dolls and fan art have been made en masse featuring him ever since his debut, so why not join in on the fun?

My plan for this first project is to make a T-Pose of the character first so that I can rig it. By rigging it first, I can then play around with the character like a toy and give it different poses without having to remodel it before I settle down on a final pose.

As for the pose, I want to pose this character where it is looking up at you curiously in anticipation and/or fear.

So far I've got most of the model done, with only the hands left to model. Rigging the character shouldn't take too long after that.


For those who want to read that story I mentioned: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/fblthp-2013-02-26

1 comment:

  1. Please take an original twist on this subject. I will be excited about seeing this out of its neutral t-pose.

    ReplyDelete