Thursday, September 18, 2014

Kendall Corless Project 1 Update - Shark Head




I sculpted and painted it in Zbrush. Also, I tossed it into Keyshot for a quick render.
There was a couple of things I was thinking I might do with this. First, I was thinking of making it into some sort of pen holder for my tablet pen by cutting it in half so it would have a flat base, and then I'd have a model of me (waist up) in its mouth holding my hands up in the air where I could then set my pen. My second option is to add a stand to the final version so it can sit up right.



I ended up combing two models I made into one,  I think it creates a much more interesting composition than just the shark its self.


The ghosted wire frame isnt much to look at since it was sculpted in zbrush and the poly count is so high, I didnt see a purpose to retopoloy on this model.
Here is my model uploaded to Shape ways passing the checks.
I've noticed everyone's prices are pretty high for their models and they are on the smaller side.
My original cost was around $77 I think, I went back and hollowed out my model in zbrush and lowered it to $22 cost me $27 after shipping.



Here is what it looks like under the base, it was pretty simple to hollow out if anyone wants to know how to do it id be happy to help. It saved me a bundle. 








1 comment:

  1. You are the second person so far who has saved money this way. please add this information to the original blog posting. congrats

    ReplyDelete