Friday, September 12, 2014

Philip Barker - Assignment 1: The key of Ra

Hey everyone. For my first assignment and 3d print I decided to make a gift for my girlfriend. I couldn't come up with something to make that I would fit in my size and price range. I knew that she likes to collect antique keys. After seeing the film Stargate again for the umpteenth time I decided to merge the ideas. I would make a key with the eye of Ra as the handle.

I started with an image of the eye of Ra. I used a rectangle plane and stretched it over the length of the figure. I then added edge loops and mapped out the shape. Once I had the shape I extruded the plane and designed the key. After finishing the basic design I added more edge loops to hold the shape before applying smooth to the object.



Update: Submitted my model to Shapeways and ordered it.


For keyshot I decided to match the material I printed the model as and used the aluminum.



1 comment:

  1. nice idea. Moving forward lets re-imagine and re-contextualize this form.

    ReplyDelete