Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Nick Benke: Project 1: Building Blocks











     Hello everyone, this is my idea for what i want to 3d print.  My idea is taking the approach of Print to Mold because it revolves around mass production of the same simple shape.  My inspiration came from interlocking bricks and the plastic toy monkeys that hang on to each other. What i wanted to do is create a simple shape that when replicated multiple times can be rearranged to create different interesting shapes.  For example, in my last pictures with four of the same object stacked together in a tower format, creating a more interesting shape than a single one of the shapes by itself.  This would allow a very easy way to create multiple installations of the same series of shapes with everyone being unique. My grand idea is that these could act as large statues arranged together in different ways in different places to complete the series.
~Nick Benke


1 comment:

  1. Great idea. when you get your part we will use one of our Sunday sessions to do some molding. I also want you to think of this as a larger scale modular sculpture.

    ReplyDelete