Sunday, January 22, 2017

Anisha Chaudhary: Week One Castle


Concept:
For my Castle Assignment, I decided to do an Indian temple. My initial thoughts were to do the Golden temple since I had been there over the break. I researched modeling tutorial videos about creating temples, and I got the help from a YouTube video to create the domes for my temple structure. I used a reference image to help determine the structure of the railings and created my own design.
Modeling Techniques:
I made my pattern for the railings using a pipe polygon and manipulated it's vertices in Maya. When modeling, I reused the stair steps repeatedly by cutting and resizing them. I created the dome using a half sphere, 2 torus shapes, cylinders for the columns and spheres as a decoration.



In KeyShot, I put a texture of the Gold 24K so that it would look like a fantasy temple.


I then later tried Fire Opal Gem as another texture and found that more fitting since you can now differentiate the pieces of the temple.




Reference Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf_rBWQqHuk


No comments:

Post a Comment