Sunday, January 29, 2017

Hannah Revelle- week one- Castle






Design  
My castle has inspiration from around the world. I wanted to see how far I could go doing primitive shapes only (mostly because that was all I knew how to do...). I did really enjoy polar array and everything you see multiple of I created with polar arrays. When making this I was thinking more of the summer palace in china. Everything was more spacious so this would be just one structure on a vase amount of land for the the royal family to relax and entertain. 

Inspiration 
I could not pick one style I wanted to do so I mixed and match. I wanted to get that classic castle style look with the round base and columns on top but with a twist. I added a stairs to make it feel more like a temple and added the round Asian style doors. I also decided to to follow a little of Stonehenge with the tops.  


 Technique 

For the most I used polar arrays to make copy's from the center.

Stairs- made one cube than used ortho snap to do stair step.

cylinder tower- I copied the last cylinder moved it up and scaled it up.

doors- used tube for the outer shape and put the cylinder back some to create the illusion of depth. finally a small sphere for the door handle and grouped it together.

I added the floor to give it that fragile figure-en feel that little girls like to collect for decoration

Materials

I wanted a strong but rich base so I used metals like gold and a rose gold substances. The rest I wanted a more fragile, delicate look so I used glass and gem materials


No comments:

Post a Comment