Friday, January 27, 2017

timothy smiley castle



Design intent

When i think of a castle i can only think of one thing. REAL castles and medieval/celtic designs. I knew what I was going to do the second i heard the project but The composition was the real challenge.Figuring out a modular configuration that looked aesthetically pleasing can be a challenge.

modeling techniques

I started out doing the modeling in maya thinking o would transport them to rhino later but quickly ran into naked edge problems and i decided it was about time I really learn rhino. While things were challenging I found there were some things that were far easier to do in rhino.Most of my details were placed with the polar array. A very useful tool.

materials choices

I Had to make my own texture since keyshot didn't have any of its own. I had to find one and make a normal map of it as well. I also thought the brick on the roof was a necessary splash of color to add into the mix.



No comments:

Post a Comment