Friday, January 27, 2017

Timothy Smiley Flashlight




Design intent

I wanted to Make a truly star wars esque design for this Flashlight. I normally like more organic shapes but I particularly like some of the lightsaber designs in star wars. there is some really solid design work and I tried to emulate the look and feel of them in a smaller stubby package. 

techniques

You were right about how great it is to model with curves. I spent all my time tweaking the basic curve shape before I revolved it around. It looked amazing right after I revolved it! I have never had such a problem free modeling experience.

materials choices. 

I chose some chrome like aluminum textures to the sleeve and used a gunmetal black for the grip.The copper also helps a lot to break it up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment