Saturday, January 21, 2017

Jason Doze: Week1 Castle

Ghosted


Birds Eye


Pedestrian


 Concept:  My concept was to design a vertical castle with long spires with a clean, polished look and tons of reflection....something otherworldly .  As I was learning how to model in Rhino and use the shaders in Keyshot, my design shifted a few times as I went back to Rhino to make adjustments, move, and add structures.  I started with a reference photo, but quickly left the style behind.


Technique:  I used alt + drag many times, as well as ArrayPolar, ArrayLinear, and Rotate.  I had many happy accidents just playing around and trying to navigate Rhino.  There is a lot to take in with this software and most of the tutorials I have found are PC based, so following along on my mac is alot of fun. 😜  I'm doing a 10 day trial on Lynda.com and watching as much as I can in the trial period which is only 10 days.  Rhino however has a 90 trial which is much better.

Materials:  For the castle project, I used spheres, pentagons, cones, cylinders and the torus.  I played with many of the shaders, but eventually settled on marble granite, brass, chrome, glass, gold, nickel, and plastic.  I think knowing the availability of the materials will help in designing other projects with more foresight. 

1 comment: