Monday, January 30, 2017

David Rake - Week 3 - Flashlight

Concept:
I originally planned to aim for a lightsaber, specifically Obi Wan's from the Phantom Menace, because I thought the ball form on the bottom would be interesting. As I went on I differed from reference and created the back and forth motion.



Process:
I used Arc to create the pom at the bottom and did some simple rectangle booleans before revolving the curve. After I revolved and made torus(es?) switchbacking up the shape then used boolean difference to indent the shell. I later added a simple button and a larger indent up top.




Materials:
I went Metallic with a darker and shinier inside to draw attention to the switch-backing that I found really attractive even if it may not be physically comfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment